Who We Are
Three New York area provider networks—Alliance Care Network, Advance of Greater New York and Long Island Alliance—joined together in 2013 to form Advance Care Alliance (ACA). ACA was created to help you and your family continue to use the service providers, staff, and program options you now enjoy when the NYS Office for People with Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) transitions these services and programs to specialized managed care plans in the next several years.
ACA represents 100 Agencies throughout New York City, Long Island and the Hudson Valley serving people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families.
We expect that managed care will provide increased flexibility, so you will have the opportunity to choose new options as well. Together, we can work in partnership to help you achieve your personal goals.
ACA's core values are grounded in an approach that fosters and encourages:
- Choice and Empowerment
- Active Family Engagement/Circle of Support
- Individualized Supports in a Home of Your Choice
- Access to Successful Employment Opportunities
- Community Involvement and Meaningful Relationships
- A Healthy Lifestyle with Supports to Ensure Personal Safety
- OPWDD Website - Care Coordination Organizations
- Staff Action Plan Template
- OPWDD Memo on Service Authorizations Post-July 1 - September 6, 2018
- OPWDD Memo on Staff Action Plan Program and Billing Requirements - September 4, 2018
- Revised OPWDD Memo on CCO Individualized Service Plan to Life Plan Conversion for July, August, September & October 2018 - August 29, 2018
- OPWDD Memo - Care Management Life Planning and Service Delivery Process: Connecting the Dots - August 27 2018
- OPWDD Memo - CCO Individualized Service Plan (ISP) to Life Plan Conversions for July and August 2018 - June 2018
- OPWDD Memo - Decision Making Process for Enrolling Individuals in CCOs - June 2018