OPWDD has posted an update on the People First Waiver for Fall 2013. It describes progress with the goals it outlined in the Transformation Agreement it signed with CMS.
OPWDD says that it will focus on achieving the following outcomes over the next months:
- 425 new individuals to become self-directing
- Educating 1,500 additional stakeholders about self-direction
- Transitioning the remaining residents out of Finger Lakes and Taconic ICFs
- A net increase of 700persons engaged in competitive employment
- Developing a finalized timelines for residential transitions
The update is available here.